Are you tired of the same old pizza toppings? Why not try making a calzone? This delicious Italian dish is similar to pizza, but instead of being flat, it’s folded into a pocket shape. Calzones are a great option for lunch or dinner, and they’re easy to make at home! In this article, we’ll be sharing a calzone recipe that’s sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a floured surface until it’s about 1/4 inch thick. You can also use pre-made pizza dough if you’re short on time.
- Spread the marinara sauce evenly over one half of the dough, leaving about 1 inch of space around the edges.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the marinara sauce.
- Add the sliced pepperoni, chopped bell pepper, sliced mushrooms, chopped onion, and fresh basil on top of the cheese.
- Fold the other half of the dough over the toppings and pinch the edges together to seal the calzone.
- Brush the beaten egg over the top of the calzone to give it a shiny and golden crust.
- Use a sharp knife to make a few small slits on top of the calzone to allow steam to escape while it bakes.
- Bake the calzone in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.