Strawberry shortcake is a dessert typically made with layers of sponge cake or biscuit, fresh strawberries, and whipped cream.
The cake is often topped with additional strawberries and a dusting of powdered sugar. Some variations may also include strawberry jam or other fruit. It is a popular dessert during the spring and summer months when strawberries are in season.
Strawberry Shortcake Cake Recipe
- 60 grams butter
- 125 g flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 250 grams of ricotta
- 1.25 dl of low-fat natural yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 60 grams of sugar
- 250 g strawberries peeled and sliced
- 1.5 dl heavy whipping cream
- To prepare the crust, mix the butter into the flour to get a granular texture.
- Add egg yolks, lemon juice, and a little cold water if needed.
- Mix until the dough becomes smooth.
- Kneading dough on the light floured work surface to soft, & press it equally to the bottom of the removable bottom cake pan.
- Cover with greaseproof and leave for 8 minutes, then remove the aluminum foil and continue cooking for another 8 minutes.
- Let it cool down.
- Whisk together ricotta, yogurt, eggs, lemon juice, and sugar until smooth in a bowl.
- Pour the crust and bake for 30 minutes, or until the cake is set.
- In a food processor, reduce half of the strawberries to a puree, then pass it through a strainer.
- Spread this collide on a cheesecake, then top it with whipped cream and remaining strawberries.