Make this easy and delicious old-fashioned beef stew recipe, perfect for the cold winter nights! Full of flavor and beef so tender, it will melt in your mouth!
Old-Fashioned Beef Stew Recipe
- 2.2 lbs of beef for stewing
- 1 to mato
- 3 green peppers
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 3 carrots
- Garlic to taste
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1 pinch of ginger
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of basil
- Olive oil
- We heat the oil and the garlic while we cut the
- vegetables that we are going to use to prepare the
- traditional veal stew.
- Once cut, we seal the meat in the hot oil, add the
- vegetables and salt and pepper to taste.
- When we see that the vegetables are a little bit soft, we
- add a cup of white wine and let it evaporate for a few
- seconds at low heat. Add a pinch of ginger to the beef
- stew, season with salt and pepper if it is too hot, add
- basil and a pinch of cinnamon powder. Cover the pot
- and let it simmer for about 40 minutes. The final
- cooking time always varies according to the preference
- of each person. I prefer to cook over a low heat
- because this way the meat melts in the mouth and
- takes a more intense flavor.