The gougers au beaufort are small greedy bites to be tasted as an aperitif or as a starter with a green salad. Melting and soft, these sweets are to be tested without delay!
Gougères au Beaufort
- 75 g butter
- 150 g flour
- 3 small eggs
- 100 g grated Beaufort cheese
- 1 pinch of cumin seeds
- 1 pinch of sesame seeds
- In a saucepan, place the butter previously cut into pieces then pour 12 cl of water and 1 pinch of salt. Bring to the boil and then set aside off the heat.
- Incorporate the flour in one go and then put it back on the heat without stopping stirring for 3 minutes.
- Let cool off the heat then add the eggs, stirring between each addition. Then add the grated Beaufort cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- 5. Form small balls the size of a tablespoon and place them on a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Sprinkle half of the gougères with sesame and the other half with cumin.
- Bake the gougères for 25 minutes. When they come out of the oven, let them cool on a rack.