This Cream Cheese Danish puff pastry recipe is so easy to make! The filling tastes just like cheesecake and the fresh berries and lemon glaze add a bright pop of flavor.
These Cheese danishes are a real treat.
Cream Cheese Danish Recipe
- 8- ounce cream cheese relaxed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 yolk at room temperature
- 2 big spoons of ricotta cheese at room temperature
- 1 coffee spoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 coffee spoon kosher salt
- Great lemon flavor
- 2 frozen pastry sheets Dissolved according to the instructions on the package
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon of water
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or Silpat.
- In the stand mixer bowl, combine the sugar and the soft cream cheese.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add the egg yolks, ricotta cheese, vanilla extract, salt, and lemon peel and mix until well combined.
- On a lightly sprinkled flour surface, gently roll a sheet of puff pastry to smooth out any folds.
- Using a sharp knife, divide puff pastry into four squares.
- Put the cream cheese filling on each puff pastry square and distribute the filling evenly among the squares.
- Brush the edges of the puff pastry with the egg and fold it over the two corners, making sure they overlap.
- Brush the top of the puff pastry with eggs and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.