This tasty spinach curry with chickpeas is a real treat and a great vegetarian recipe to try right away! Flavoured with coconut milk and lime, it is served with plain rice and a few leaves of coriander or parsley.
Spinach curry with chickpeas
- 250 g fresh spinach
- 100 g canned or dried chickpeas
- 20 cl coconut cream
- 20 cl of water
- 3 teaspoons curry
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 red onion
- 1 shallot
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp. sugar-free peanut puree or cashew nut
- 1/2 lime
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- Olive oil
- Rice for accompaniment
- Thinly slice the shallots and red onion and fry them in a drizzle of olive oil.
- Chop the garlic and add it to the preparation with the mustard seeds and curry. Mix with a wooden spatula and pour in the lemon juice, agave syrup and coconut cream. Stir again.
- Add the water and the crumbled vegetable stock, then add the peanut paste. Mix carefully before seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the preparation then simmer for about 10 minutes on low heat. At the end of cooking, add the spinach and continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
- Serve the spinach curry with chickpeas with plain rice and a few chopped coriander leaves.