Creamy and greedy, chocolate cream is a dessert that will delight the taste buds of young and old alike. Without further ado, here’s how to make this essential dessert yourself. You can also add some orange zest or salt crystals.
Creamy chocolate cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 50 cl of milk
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cream
- 100 g pastry chocolate
- 40 g powdered sugar
- 10 g corn starch
- 1 teaspoon bitter cocoa
- Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until the mixture whitens. Then add the cornstarch.
- Crush the chocolate into pieces. Bring the milk to the boil in a saucepan and then remove from the heat and stir in the bitter chocolate.
- Add the crushed chocolate and stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth.
- Then gradually pour the chocolate milk over the milk, stirring constantly. Bring back to the boil over low heat, stirring continuously.
- Remove from the heat and add the fresh cream until the preparation is smooth.
- Pour the chocolate cream into verrines and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.