Broccoli Cheese Balls are crispy on the outside with gooey melted cheese and broccoli on the inside. Make a great appetizer! Kids will love these cheesy balls.
Make them up for you and your family and friends will just love them give them a try and let us know what you think.
Broccoli Cheese Balls Recipe
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup grated cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup feta or ricotta cheese
- ½ tablespoon of dried basil
- Start the broccoli Balls recipe by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl or container with sufficient capacity. Remember that you can use cheddar or mozzarella cheese, whichever you like best!
- Take small portions of dough and make small balls with your hands. About the size of the broccoli and cheese Balls, ideally, we can eat them in two bites at most.
- The next step of this broccoli Balls recipe is to roll the balls in breadcrumbs.
- Tip: At this point, you can place the balls in a suitable container and freeze them for up to 3 months.
- Bake the broccoli Balls in the oven at 190 ºC for 25 minutes or until ready to serve. This is a much healthier way of consuming them since we avoid excess oil.
- Tip: If you want, you can keep them in the fridge overnight or cook them fried; they are very crunchy!
- Ready to serve! Now that you know how to make broccoli and cheese Balls go ahead and prepare them and accompany them with your favourite sauce, which can be a simple tomato sauce or a more elaborate one, such as curry sauce.
- If you prefer, you can also eat this dish without sauce, as it could also be considered broccoli fritters.