Originally from Nantes, this soft cake flavoured with rum and covered with a glaze is a real delight in the mouth! The cake of the original recipe is topped with an apricot jelly, so don’t hesitate to adapt the one we offer you today according to your convenience.
- 150 g powdered sugar
- 125 g butter at room temperature
- 100 g almond powder
- 40 g flour
- 3 eggs
- 6 cl of rum
- 50 g powdered sugar
- In a salad bowl, whip the butter with the sugar until the texture is smooth.
- Incorporate then the almond powder and the eggs by whipping between each addition.
- When the sugar crystals are dissolved, add the sifted flour and 2 cl of rum.
- Butter a cake tin and pour the appliance into it before baking at 180 °C for 40 minutes.
- Remove the Nantes cake from the oven, sprinkle it with 2 cl of rum and turn it over before letting it cool.
- In a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar with 2 cl of rum until the mixture is white.
- Once the Nantes cake has cooled, coat it with rum powdered sugar.