If you love lemon desserts, then this recipe is for you. You definitely can’t miss this pastry that combines the tangy taste of lemon with the sweetness of shortbread!
The delicious lemon shortbread squares
- 150 g. of flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 60 g. powdered sugar
- 100 g. of butter
- 3 eggs
- 150 to 200 g. of sugar
- 3 lemons
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- Powdered sugar
- Place the flour, powdered sugar, butter and a little salt in a salad bowl. Then mix it all with your hands.
- Spread the mixture in a square pan previously covered with a sheet of baking paper and flatten. Bake for 20 minutes at 180°C.
- Take the juice of up to 3 lemons. Pour it into a saucepan, add the zest of one lemon and heat over low heat.
- In a salad bowl, mix the sugar, the 3 eggs and the cornstarch.
- Pour the hot lemon juice over this mixture. Pour this mixture back into the pan and thicken over medium heat.
- Pour the lemon cream thus obtained on the square taken out of the oven. Spread and bake for 10-12 minutes at 180°C.
- Sprinkle the powdered sugar on top of the cake.
- First cut the shortbread in half, then cut into small squares.
- It’s ready! You will love it!