This quinoa soup recipe is perfect for a cold day.
This quinoa soup recipe is delicious, healthy and very easy to prepare.Quinoa is a food that has become very popular thanks to its multiple health benefits.Day by day there are more and more lovers of this pseudocereal native to Peru, and rightly so, its flavor is delicious and lends itself to many recipes.If you are tired of the same flavors and want to know new recipes that help you maintain a healthy lifestyle, you will love this quinoa soup recipe. Dare to try it and you will be surprised with the results.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup diced carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pinch of ground cumin
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup diced potato
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced brussels sprouts
- 3 Tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Spread the quinoa on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown. Approximately 30 minutes, stirring every ten minutes.
- Put a pot over medium heat, add the oil, and when it is hot add the carrot, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cover and cook for 7 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Uncover and add the cumin, cook for one minute and then add the broth, celery, potatoes, and toasted quinoa.
- Turn the heat up to high and let it cook until it comes to a boil. At this point, we cover and lower the heat. Cook for 12 minutes and then add the zucchini and brussels sprouts.
- Let it cook for 2 more minutes, add parsley and salt and that's it! Serve hot.