When you’re leisurely browsing the internet and you come across a cheeseburger soup recipe, your first reaction is to say “Whatever, I get it!”.
Try the amazing cheeseburger soup everyone’s talking about!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup of bacon cut in cubes
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 stalks of celery diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Cook the bacon in a pot until it is crispy. At this point remove the bacon from the pot and add the ground beef. Cook for 5 minutes or until browned, and remove from the pot.
- In the fat that was left in the pot, we sauté the onion, garlic, carrot,s and celery, and cook until the onions are transparent, approximately 5 minutes. Then add the flour and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the broth, mustard, and tomato cubes. Cook over low heat until it boils, let it boil over low heat for 10 more minutes.
- After this time, add the milk, the cream, and the cheese. Cook until the cheese melts and the meat is cooked, approximately 7 minutes more.