Onion soup is a simple and tasty dish, perfect for cold evenings. Accompanied by bread croutons au gratin and melted cheese, this recipe from YouCook Cuisine will delight you!
Onion soup: the easy recipe
- 4 large yellow onions
- 8 slices of bread
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1.5 L broth white poultry or vegetable stock
- 100 g grated cheese
- olive oil
- Start by peeling and cutting the onions into a half moon. Fry them in a buttered pan until they become translucent. Add bay leaves and thyme.
- Pour the stock into the pan and prick the cloves on a piece of onion. This technique allows you to recover the nails at the end of the recipe. Heat over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, make the bread croutons. Arrange the slices in an ovenproof dish and drizzle them with olive oil. Rub them with half a clove of garlic and add a few sprigs of thyme. Grill them until they are coloured.
- Check the seasoning of your soup and remove the float. Arrange the soup on a plate and then place the slices of bread and the grated cheese on top. Bake in the oven for a few minutes and enjoy!