Soft and crunchy, this delicious sweet potato and almond cake is a true delicacy to be tested without delay! Original and tasty, this exotic cake can be eaten in the morning as well as at snack time.
Sweet Potato & Almond Cake
- 1 orange-fleshed sweet potato of 400 g approximately
- 60 g of shelled almonds
- 60 g butter
- 1 egg
- 120 g sugar
- 190 g flour
- 1/2 sachet of baking powder
- 20 g grated ginger
- 1 knob of butter
- Preheat the furnace to 180 °C.
- Rinse the sweet potato and cut it in half lengthwise. Steam it for 25 minutes.
- Mash the sweet potato with the butter with a fork and let it cool down. Coarsely crush the almonds.
- In a salad bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar and then add the sweet potato purée. Then incorporate the flour, the yeast, the ginger and the crushed almonds.
- Butter a cake tin and pour the dough into it. Bake for 1 hour. Lower the temperature to 150 °C if the cake gets a little too golden during baking.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool before removing it from the mould.